About Me

Brooklyn, New York
I'm Jackie. I'm from LA, and I love my filthy, traffic congested, polluted city of fake dreams. But, alas, the brat that I am, I am bored. So I want to live somewhere with all that, but worse. I will head East to Brooklyn, NY. I am starting this blog so everyone that wants to share in my successes or scoff at my misfortune, can follow me and my adventures. Because if nothing else, there will be adventures. I hope you find my blog equally entertaining and offensive. I'm just getting back on the writing horse, so cut me some slack, if I still suck in a month, call me out on that shit.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Civil Unrest

It's autumn in New York, so beautiful, so crisp.  The wind is blowing, and it seems to have brought with it an Occupation.  Everyone is up in arms and all up in the street.  I haven't actually gone down there to check it out, and this is for a number of reasons.  One of them being that I don't actually give a shit.  Sorry, I had to say it.  We all know this country is corrupt, everyone complains about it, constantly.  I complain a whole lot about people( well, maybe not as much "complain about" as "make fun of), but I figured the State of the Union was a tacit understanding between all of us.  It fucking sucks.  They take all our money, charge as up the asshole for EVERYTHING, cops and rich people get to do whatever they want, but it is what it is.  




Now before everyone starts getting all crazy, I also understand the need for change, and our rights, and free speech, all that.  I am just completely convinced that the people that the message is intended for, don't give a shit.  If any changes are actually made, they will be made in such a way that they will still get something out of it.  
So you go stomp around in the streets with your human microphone or whatever it is, hold up traffic, force the city to pay for even more cops to be out, arresting people who have to pay the city back more money...it sounds ridiculous to me.  As foul as this country is sometimes, we don't live in huts.  We have running water.  No genocide.  No bombings. Fertile land.   Who the fuck are we to protest anything?  




Another reason is that I do my best to stay under the grid.  I have as little to do with the government as possible, I do not do anything that will put me in contact with police, I do not have credit.  I am my own Revolution, and the best kind of revolution is an underground one.  Hollering in the streets "The World is Watching", yeah, they are, and I would rather they not see my face, thank you.  




I thought I was just apathetic, but on further consideration, I'm not.  I give a shit about something, I give a shit about myself.  I ain't afraid to say it either.  I give a shit about me, my friends, my family, thats it.  Fuck the government, fuck the media, be prepared.  I understand the unrest.  I really do, I've felt the unrest my whole life.  I have always questioned authority, I couldn't give a shit less about politics because I have never trusted any of it, even as a kid.  I have watched people get hopeful and disappointed at every election.  But everyone still keeps hope.  I guess I am just cynical, but I am also prepared.  You have to find away to survive and get by when the government continues to fail you.  Occupy yourself.




Everything is in such extremes right now, the whole world pretty much sits on the edge of their seats waiting for the shit to go down, but no one really puts too much thought into what that shit is.  This country would have to tear itself down before it could rebuild with this idealistic perspective everyone has in their heads.  Get over it.  The powers that be would blow dying ass Mother Earth up before they would let us actually have any rights.  So unless you are ready to go into full on apocalyptic survival mode, we are no where near change.  


I think we should be occupying our time, starting little tiny Revolutions every day.  Thats just me, and of course I could be wrong, that would make me an asshole, but at least we would be around long enough to prove it.


And on a side note, if this shit lasts long enough...I'll eventually have to go down to Wall Street and check it out.  Morbid curiosity and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment