About Me

Brooklyn, New York
I'm Jackie. I'm from LA, and I love my filthy, traffic congested, polluted city of fake dreams. But, alas, the brat that I am, I am bored. So I want to live somewhere with all that, but worse. I will head East to Brooklyn, NY. I am starting this blog so everyone that wants to share in my successes or scoff at my misfortune, can follow me and my adventures. Because if nothing else, there will be adventures. I hope you find my blog equally entertaining and offensive. I'm just getting back on the writing horse, so cut me some slack, if I still suck in a month, call me out on that shit.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Homeostasis

This is the first blog from my new laptop.  Yes, ladies and gents, The Jackie is back in action.  All in part to my lovely boo, Bill Blood.  The man keeps me sane and loved, what can I say?  I can say that my life is the shit, that's what I can say.  When I bought my one way ticket to New York City, with 3 friends, no job, no long term place to stay, and one hell of a "can do" attitude, I knew I was headed in the right direction. 


For so long in Los Angeles I felt unsure of everything.  I found out my lifelong best friend was a raggedy ass jerk. I couldn't decide if my grandparents were ready to be on their own.  My mom wrangled herself a sweet homestead.  I was just floating around from one bar to the next, one joint to the next, one party to the next, which I guess isn't too different than how I am now, then I just wasn't feeling to good about it.  All I was sure of was that I needed change. 


I have had a few points in New York where I thought, it just couldn't get better than this, and somehow it always does.  I'm not going to say that I wasn't a little depressed when I lost my job at Jerkface Motorworks, I wasn't really expecting it, and I got played out pretty bad, so it was understandable that I have done an acceptable amount of moping.  A part time job would be really helpful, something where I can serve semi-douchey people some coffee or used clothes or whatever.  Somewhere that will have me and not treat me like a bitch.  I don't ask for much.  


It makes me sound mostly-douchey for saying this, but I have had a bit of a hard time adjusting to not having a job and not worrying about it.  Sounds like everyones dream, yeah, yeah, I know all about it.  Now that I realize I'm not going to wake up from this dream, its growing on me kinda nicely, but at first, its a little bit shocking. I haven't not worked for almost a decade, minus the year I lived with my grandparents.  I felt totally, utterly, completely fucking useless.  Not bringing in my own money, absurd.  All of a sudden I got all feminist on myself, like, "Ain't no man gonna be takin' care of my ass.  No way, I'm independent, I got my own shit, I got my own clothes, I buy my own Metrocard."  I guess that's how I was raised, and it's not a bad thing, a girls gotta get her own in this world.  But, I have nothing to prove.  I already made it clear I could take care of myself, everyone knows it.  


This is no free handout though, let me tell you.  I am Housewife, USA right now.  Doing laundry, making breakfast, I'm getting domestic up in here.   I like it, I complain like Peggy Bundy, but I actually do what needs to be done, very well I might add, then whine about it later.  So far, so good.  We have quite the little household going on.  Me, Bill, Sage and Tyler have a good thing going here.  We are simple people, who have incredibly awesome lives.  And the best part is, it will still keep getting better than this.  I didn't know what I was looking for when I left LA, but I am pretty sure I found it.  


Okay, my Cheese Meter has reached capacity, but stay tuned for my next update.  Tuesday, The Jackie goes on location to Wall Street.  Guaranteed to be brutally honest, mostly offensive and entertaining for all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment