About Me

Brooklyn, New York
I'm Jackie. I'm from LA, and I love my filthy, traffic congested, polluted city of fake dreams. But, alas, the brat that I am, I am bored. So I want to live somewhere with all that, but worse. I will head East to Brooklyn, NY. I am starting this blog so everyone that wants to share in my successes or scoff at my misfortune, can follow me and my adventures. Because if nothing else, there will be adventures. I hope you find my blog equally entertaining and offensive. I'm just getting back on the writing horse, so cut me some slack, if I still suck in a month, call me out on that shit.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I know, I know...

Sorry for the hiatus folks, not being fully settled was messing with my head.  Work, drink, sleep was all you guys missed last week.  This weekend I had 2 really awesome dates, which is cool, because I don't think I've ever dated before, and in New York, everyone is dating, so I thought, "Why the hell  not?".  I'm single, 26, and I don't really know anyone, so meeting guys and letting em show you cool shit,  not too shabby.  Keeping track of all these guys, a little bit shabby.  Not getting drunk and talking about one or the other, working on it.  Not like any of them think they are the only one, and not like I have anything to hide, I guess I just don't know "The Rules of Dating", but I just keep picking up new ones on the way, and one or the other might get offended, and I like them all.  They all couldn't be more different, and have different things to offer or points of view to see.  I guess it can't hurt. And if any of you aforementioned "guys" is reading this, well then, I guess it answers some questions, and when I say I'm real, I mean it.  So much so that I will publicly say it, and if you don't like it then, well, we should save ourselves some time.  

In other news, I FINALLY got a bed yesterday, I spent more money than I care to think about, but now I have a real room.  Minus doors.  I have a bed, a dresser, mirror, yup, that pretty much constitutes a room for me. Somewhere to watch my Grey's Anatomy marathons, put my shoes and underwear.  I don't ask for much.  Now that I am more comfortable, I can go back to being productive.  There's some big things in the works right now, I don't want to share it just yet because its that big, but if any of you ever worried about my future, you don't have to anymore.  

It is so crazy that I have only been here for a little over a month, and I feel like I got off the plane feeling positive and at home.  I never had an "adjustment" period, I just did the damn thing.  And I still am.  I have a job that I love, roommates who make me want to be a better person and who love me even though I'm not.  I have this blog that you all have been so supportive of.  I don't think I have ever been so happy, so much so, I almost feel guilty about it.  I have so many good friends and such a great family, I feel like there is something wrong with me that I had to go so far away to get my head out of my ass.  I know I needed it, and I know you all know I needed it, but I just can't help but feel that way.  Missing my mom and grandparents makes my stomach hurt sometimes, but I still don't regret it.  I guess that's what "growing up" is, which apparently I did accidentally.  

It's working out for me, I've found the perfect balance of jackass and responsibility, so I will see how long I can keep it up for, because I am about to be up to the gills in responsibility.  I can't wait to let the news out, I guess I am more scared than anything, not that it wont happen, but that it is for sure going to happen, and I just hope I can deal with it.  I know I'm cocky, but, man, it is gonna be crazy.  Well, I know I should be more consistent with this, and I know I also said I am going to work on writing about others more than myself, but, I've also spent a lot of years not worrying about myself, and this is a good healthy way to do it.  Just stick with me, and we will see how this evolves.  Plus, I'm broke this week, so I will probably be spending a lot more time at home on my computer...I am going to try and post a bunch of pictures, the new place, the new neighborhood...I think visual stimulation will definitely spice this blog up.  It needs it!

No comments:

Post a Comment