About Me

Brooklyn, New York
I'm Jackie. I'm from LA, and I love my filthy, traffic congested, polluted city of fake dreams. But, alas, the brat that I am, I am bored. So I want to live somewhere with all that, but worse. I will head East to Brooklyn, NY. I am starting this blog so everyone that wants to share in my successes or scoff at my misfortune, can follow me and my adventures. Because if nothing else, there will be adventures. I hope you find my blog equally entertaining and offensive. I'm just getting back on the writing horse, so cut me some slack, if I still suck in a month, call me out on that shit.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Dollar dumplings and shitty electronics...

Today was pretty awesome. Headed out into Manhattan starting with Chinatown.  Lots of dead animals, hagglers and tiny streets.  My camera lost its will to live a block from the subway station, so I was kinda bummed.  Especially since I had to haggle for some batteries from some tiny little Chinese man. 

While pouting my way through my first stop in the city, Tyler (Sage's man), directed us to a "blink and you miss it" 5' by 5' gem called Prosperity Dumplings. Once I elbowed my way past the very loud, fat Asian children who refuse to get out of my way, the man behind the counter yells at me because I cant figure out what I want.  I don't know what a pork bun is, but after viewing the beautiful pigs head a few blocks earlier, I am oddly intrigued.  Well, no pork buns.  Fifteen minute wait.  5 for a dollar dumplings it is, and let me tell you, best damn dollar I ever spent. Deeelicous.

After getting our dumpling on, we head over to the East River and Chelsea.  Also known as the "Meatpacking District".  Where hip thinks its born, but really goes to die.  Art galleries, broads in skirts and heels in 22 degree cold, and swishy gay men. It was really neat, but not for me.  Although I did learn after the fact that every Thursday is the "real" ArtWalk... open galleries with free booze.  Needless to say, you will know where to find me next Thursday.

A chai latte and a meet and greet with Sagey's little sis later, off to the middle of it all. Columbus Circle and the beginning of Central Park, where we did NOT go because no one was in the mood to be raped this evening.  Instead, we hoofed it to Hell's Kitchen.  I did not see that annoying angry chef, but there was a lot of fucking restaurants.  All kinds, you name it, they got it, and it will cost you your kidney to pay for it.  AND there are 3 Chipotle's down there, so all you Chipotle haters can suck it.

Next, we visited Sage's grandmother where she fed us homemade chicken and rice soup.  A true New York apartment, tiny as hell and blocks from the action.  We had to drag ourselves out of there because no one ever wants to leave a "Grandma House".  Then, onward to home. I wish I had a pedometer so I would know just how far we walked.  I know we took at least half a dozen trains.  My thighs ache, and I'm pretty sure I am coming down with a cold, but I am happy as a clam. 

 This weekend I'm on my own. So lets just hope I can spend it exploring my lovely little neighborhood and not coughing up a lung in my lovely little loft. Which I will try and tell you a little more about tomorrow.  Stay tuned kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment