About Me

Brooklyn, New York
I'm Jackie. I'm from LA, and I love my filthy, traffic congested, polluted city of fake dreams. But, alas, the brat that I am, I am bored. So I want to live somewhere with all that, but worse. I will head East to Brooklyn, NY. I am starting this blog so everyone that wants to share in my successes or scoff at my misfortune, can follow me and my adventures. Because if nothing else, there will be adventures. I hope you find my blog equally entertaining and offensive. I'm just getting back on the writing horse, so cut me some slack, if I still suck in a month, call me out on that shit.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Ready, set, GO?

I was totally gonna bail on writing tonight, er, this morning, I am sleep deprived, excited, hungover and drunk all at the same time.  This week has been a whirlwind of negotiation, adjustment and learning.  I started my job this week and it is just barely starting to sink in the opportunity I have stumbled upon. Actually, screw that.  I didn't "stumble upon" shit.  I knew what I was supposed to do, I came, its happening and I deserve it.  

My first interview in my second week in New York and I nailed a job at a brand new business in SoHo.  It is called Oxley's British Carvery.  We make and sell meat, and I'm in charge of pretty much everything that doesn't involve cooking.  They hired me, trusted me, and put me in charge.  And, you all know how I feel about responsibility.  I try to avoid it at all costs, and it falls into my lap at a time I can actually handle it and do well.

Jackie of all trades, master of none, has actually come in handy.  I am versatile, but I get bored easily.  If I must have  a job at all I am really glad it is something that challenges me and uses my natural gift.  I can have pride in this new endeavour, and I don't want to spoil things by mentioning it too soon, but this door doesn't just lead to money, but a connection to someone who could change my life....

As exciting as it is to be allowed this opportunity, I'm pretty much shitting myself.  I was supposed to move into my new apartment last week, but due to the sheisty behavior of my new landlord, I've been in limbo, camping out at a friends house 10 blocks from my new apartment.  I love it here, don't get me wrong.  I am staying with the coolest people, I have my own room, the internet, and its comfortable.  But I really need a routine, my own spot.  I moved here with 2 suitcases and a duffel bag, and right now, I am pretty much living just out of the duffel bag.  

Punk rock.  For sure.  Exhausting.  Most definitely. 
 

Finally, after a week long battle for my domestic rights in Sage, Tylers, and my new apartment, exterminators came and eradicated the gangster ass cockroaches inhabiting our new stove, put bars on a fire escape so me and Sage don't have to murder someone for trying to rape us. Then, two weeks to actually receive the right keys for the doors.   The time has finally come to move in, which is why I am awake at a quarter to 5 am to type this.  I may not have internet to post anything for a week, I have been too tired and drunk to write, but I would regret it if I actually COULDN'T write. As you all know, I am much better in a crisis, so I am confident everything is gonna be just fine if not fantastic.  More to follow as soon as I can.

Thank you Val for urging me along. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to find out who this someone is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the time is right, don't want to jinx myself...

    ReplyDelete