About Me

Brooklyn, New York
I'm Jackie. I'm from LA, and I love my filthy, traffic congested, polluted city of fake dreams. But, alas, the brat that I am, I am bored. So I want to live somewhere with all that, but worse. I will head East to Brooklyn, NY. I am starting this blog so everyone that wants to share in my successes or scoff at my misfortune, can follow me and my adventures. Because if nothing else, there will be adventures. I hope you find my blog equally entertaining and offensive. I'm just getting back on the writing horse, so cut me some slack, if I still suck in a month, call me out on that shit.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Making it happen since 1984

Well, my friends, once again, crisis averted.  I guess I can be a little dramatic, but who would want to read this if I wasn't?  Got the apartment we were hoping for today.  Not our ideal dream, but cheap, close to the train and we will make it work.  I have faith in our little Bohemian family.

The landlord is a trip, besides the fact he is a Hasid.  A lot more humorous than the bitter ones I was used to at Trader Joes.  But from the way he was trying to hustle us, I'd say he probably has bank.  There are alot of things that need to be fixed, lets just hope he sticks to the things I made him change in our lease.  "As is" apartment? Have you ever heard of such a ludicrous thing?  Just because I'm an unmarried heathen, doesn't mean I cant read a damn contract. It should be all good though.

It feels so fantastic to know that in a week I will have a place to come home to, a place that is ours, where hipocritical cokehead vegan narcissistic pricks can't bother anyone.  Oh yes, you read that right. That was the caliber of asshole that booted me on the street. 

In a way I should be thankful, because even though the couch I am sleeping on is the WORST thing I have ever slept on, I made 3 new friends, and they are awesome.  I am almost sad to leave them tomorrow, but I am headed for a new temporary couch, who knows what kinds of people I will come across there.  Sometimes adventure, no matter how inconvenient, is the best thing.  Getting back to my punk rock roots.  

I am sorry that my writing is not at its peak today, but I just wanted to assure everyone that my situation was in tip top shape. There is still much to do.  Tomorrow morning, gotta hit up the laundromat to wash an outfit for my...wait for it...first job interview in NYC!! I love how my life goes from tragedy to success in a matter of hours.  What can I say, thats the life of The Jackie.  Love it or hate it, its all that I got.  But I really do love it.  I will try to be more cohesive tomorrow and once I get settled in, we will get back to good stuff, like the heroin addicts on the subway who nod off while standing up, but don't ever fall....

1 comment:

  1. never trust a vegan. who the fuck doesn't eat meat?!!
    i feel the same way about my life - it is either falling apart or somehow i am being saved from myself. life is good jackie. even when it blows.

    ReplyDelete